Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

November 30, 2014

Book Review: The Highland Dragon's Lady by Isabel Cooper

The Highland Dragon's Lady by Isabel Cooper
The Highland Dragon's Lady by Isabel Cooper
Highland Dragon #2
December 2nd 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Regina Talbot-Jones has always known her rambling family home was haunted. She also knows her brother has invited one of his friends to attend an ill-conceived séance. She didn't count on that friend being so handsome... and she certainly didn't expect him to be a dragon.

Scottish Highlander Colin MacAlasdair has hidden his true nature for his entire life, but the moment he sets eyes on Regina, he knows he has to have her. In his hundreds of years, he's never met a woman who could understand him so thoroughly... or touch him so deeply. Bound by their mutual loneliness, drawn by the fire awakening inside of them, Colin and Regina must work together to defeat a vengeful spirit - and discover whether their growing love is powerful enough to defy convention.
The Highland Dragon's Lady caught my eye because the protagonist, Colin MacAlasdair, is a dragon. I love dragons, so I really wanted to read this book, although I didn't read the first of the series.

But I didn't liked it as much as I thought. I did enjoy it, but it was a bit slow for me and I wanted more dragons! It was more about Regina, who also has a paranormal power, and a ghost that lives in her family's house. It has some steamy scenes, but it didn't feel like the characters were really connected. Some of the characters were interesting and I wanted to know more about Colin, but maybe in the other books of the series?

Overall, I did enjoyed it but it isn't a book full of action and dragons, and I expected more of that (maybe for the title or the cover).


More about this book at Goodreads, Amazon, The Book Depository.

No comments:

Post a Comment