Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 21, 2010

Review: The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa

Book Cover of The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: 08 January 2010
Pages: 368
Age: Young Adult
"Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart."
It's difficult to find a sequel that is as good or better than the first book, but Julie Kagawa has achieve it.

As stated by the synopsis, we find Meghan, trapped in the Kingdom of the Fairies Winter. In the first book she didn't attract me much, but in this book she is much more clever and crafty, and definitely has matured. I felt much more comfortable reading her.

In my opinion, the main theme in this book are Meghan's feelings toward Ash and vice versa. Both are from different courts (summer and winter) and can not be together. It is very painful to read Ash's actions, and Meghan suffering. Definitely broke my heart, and I think the author did an excellent job describing the feelings between them.

The "war" between Ash and Puck was excellent. On the first book, Puck did not have a chance with Meghan, but now everything has changed. While reading the first book, The Iron King, I was very sure that Ash was my favorite, but this book played with my feelings so much that at one point I preferred Puck (yes, I know, what was I thinking? But let me tell you, he is hot!). Deciding between two boys is difficult, especially when you think you're so in love and suddenly have feelings for another.

I love the way the author describes the Fairies. There are not those little magical creatures, beautiful and harmless, but rather powerful beings, naughty, and more dangerous than we think. Feelings are the human's weakness, and they do not mind using them for their benefit.

Overall, I enjoyed this book much more than I imagined. The ending left me a little off base (I didn't think something like that could happen), but it left me wanting more. I really can't wait until next book!

Simply I can't say anything bad about The Iron Daughter, it's a wonderful for the people who like reading young adult, so it deserves the highest score.

5 points The Iron Daugther by Julie Kagawa

More about The Iron Fey at enterthefaeryworld.comwww.juliekagawa.comGoodreads, Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment