- Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 (books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge).
- You can join at anytime. You can sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2011 than you did in 2010. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
- You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
- Post this reading challenge on your blog so you can keep a list of the books you’ve read for this challenge. Please include a link back to this post so readers can join the challenge too.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge”). If you are not on either of those sites then you can list the books you read for this challenge in the comments on my wrap-up post, which will be up at the end of 2011.
- Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
- Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
- Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
- I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books
My goal for 2010 was to read 100 books. I've read 92 books, so hopefully I will read 100 by the end of the year.
So, I think I'll join this challenge in level "Out breath", and read 6 to 10 more books.
That will be reading 106 to 110 books next year. UPDATE: In 2010 I read 113 books, so for this year I will be reading 10 books more. That means 123 books. Wish me Luck!
I'm finishing college this December and next year it will be only 3 months of practice, then graduation and work. Maybe I will have more free time, right? xD
27 / 123 books. 22% done!