Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

November 28, 2010

Review: Sweet Inspiration by Penny Watson

Sweet Inspiration by Penny Watson
Author: Penny Watson
Series: Klaus Brothers #1
Release Date: December 2nd, 2009
Publisher: Wild Rose Press
Pages: 206
Age: Adult
What if the legend of Santa Claus is in fact, true? What if Santa has five big strapping sons who help him run his empire? Five single, sexy sons looking for romance...
Nicholas Klaus is a master pastry chef, a strict disciplinarian, and the eldest son of the legendary Santa Claus. One look at café owner Lucy Brewster sends him into an unexpected tailspin of lusty desires. When Lucy is injured, Nicholas makes a decision that catapults both of their lives into turmoil ....
Lucy Brewster, the free-spirited proprietor of Sweet Inspiration, has a flair for concocting sugary confections but no time for adventure. She gets more than she bargained for when she awakens in the North Pole...rambunctious elves, a fitness-obsessed Santa, and the man of her dreams. Does she have what it takes to become the next Mrs. Klaus?
Nicholas Klaus is the eldest son and destined to be the next Santa. But his real love is baking. He's an excellent chef, and while looking for new flavors and recipes, he found Sweet Inspiration bakery.

Lucy is the owner of Sweet Inspiration. She loves and enjoys to bake, and her cookies are the best. She is very sweet and cute, but also lonely. But when she sees Nicholas at her store, it's love at first sight.

Both felt in love instantly, but it wasn't until two weeks later that they finally talk to each other and it turns out both of them have been having hot dreams with the other one.

Personally, I never thought Nicholas Klaus, Santa's son, could be so sexy. I always imagine Santa as a fat, cute and red old man. But obviously that's all a lie! Santa is in shape and all of his sons are sexy.

Nicholas Jr. is definitely hot! He's very serious, but he's sweet and charming with Lucy. Their romance was cute and sometimes too sweet, but their love scenes were exactly as I like them, spicy and romantic. And I was very happy with the ending, it's the perfect HEA. They are made for each other.

This book is perfect if you want to get in the Christmas mood. It's heartwarming, and while I read it I felt as if I was surrounded by snow (which it's impossibly with 32C). I loved the elves and that the author included the Klaus family, they are so funny.

Overall, it's a perfect light romantic read, excellent for Christmas. I can't wait to read the sequel, Sweet Magik, which is going to be available Christmas 2011, and features Oskar Klaus, the bad boy.


More about this book at www.pennywatsonbooks.com, Goodreads, Amazon.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Gaby! I have Sweet Inspiration on my TBR shelf and I'm really curious about Nicholas Klaus :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you highlighted this one. It sounds perfect for my holiday challenge :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I always thought of Santa as a rather fat, jolly old man who dressed in red. Neither fat nor old, this Santa isn't exactly wearing a lot (of red or otherwise) either. This sounds like a fun read, thanks for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I love the sound of this one! Definitely sounds like a fun Christmas themed book...with a hot guy. ;)

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaby, thanks so much for this awesome review! I am thrilled you liked my book. All 5 Klaus Brothers will be at my blog on Wednesday for a giveaway party. Please stop by!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you've enticed me into wanting to read this one. It sounds like a sweet and very delicious read :) Lovely review Gaby!

    ReplyDelete