Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 8, 2011

Review: Truly, Madly by Heather Webber

Title: Truly, Madly
Author: Heather Webber
Series: Lucy Valentine #1
Release Date: February 2nd, 2010
Publisher: St. Martin's
Pages: 305
Lucy hails from a long line of matchmakers known as Valentine INC. According to family legend, the Valentines have been blessed by Cupid with the ability to help couples find true love. Trouble is Lucy’s powers were zapped away by an electrical surge and now all she can find are lost objects.
But what good is that in the matchmaking world?
Lucy is about to find out when she tries to solve a murder and winds up falling into a romance of her own.
Lucy's a young women whose family runs a match-making service. She has to run the family business for a couple of weeks but she isn't sure she can do it. Her family can see auras and that's why their business is so successful. But she doesn't have the same powers.

So what happens when she uses her powers to help her first client and sees a dead body? And what about those new visions when she touches sexy Sean's hand?

I really liked this book. It was full of humor, and Lucy is a great independent protagonists. Truly, Madly isn't exactly a cozy mystery, but there is lots of mystery. The paranormal aspects are little but interesting, and there is some romance that I'm hoping to be continued in the next book of the series...

Overall, it was a great and fun read and I'd recommend it for everyone who likes a a chick lit mystery with some romance.


4 comments:

  1. I recently picked up a used copy of this, so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a cute blog! Thanks for the review. I'm adding to my TBR pile now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I found it from another book blog link...I was so lucky to win a copy of this from Goodreads last year and absolutely adored it!! I bought the sequel right when it came out but sadly, have still not gotten around to it yet. Do you think you'll pick it up? Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I long to read this book! But what a pity that is not available in the library around...

    ReplyDelete