Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 13, 2011

Book Review: How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper

How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
Author: Molly Harper
Series: Naked Werewolf #1
Release Date: February, 2011
Publisher: Pocket
Age: Adult
Northern Exposure
Even in Grundy, Alaska, it’s unusual to find a naked guy with a bear trap clamped to his ankle on your porch. But when said guy turns into a wolf, recent southern transplant Mo Wenstein has no difficulty identifying the problem. Her surly neighbor Cooper Graham—who has been openly critical of Mo’s ability to adapt to life in Alaska—has trouble of his own. Werewolf trouble.
For Cooper, an Alpha in self-imposed exile from his dysfunctional pack, it’s love at first sniff when it comes to Mo. But Cooper has an even more pressing concern on his mind. Several people around Grundy have been the victims of wolf attacks, and since Cooper has no memory of what he gets up to while in werewolf form, he’s worried that he might be the violent canine in question. 
If a wolf cries wolf, it makes sense to listen, yet Mo is convinced that Cooper is not the culprit. Except if he’s not responsible, then who is? And when a werewolf falls head over haunches in love with you, what are you supposed to do anyway? The rules of dating just got a whole lot more complicated. . . .
I love the cover of How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf, so when I first saw it and then read the synopsis I was sure I was going to like it.

Mo is a young women who can't stand being close to her hippie parents anymore. So she decides to move to a place they couldn't find her, Alaska.

Mo is so funny. I liked her instantly because she's very independent. Even when the people in Alaska wasn't  happy about her moving in, she was strong. Every thought she had was funny, I was laughing from the start. Everybody in town fell in love with her except Cooper, her sexy but surly neighbor.

I liked Cooper from the start. It was obvious he liked Mo, he is sexy and protective (and a great lover!). As a couple, Mo and Cooper are awesome. I liked their relationship but I wish I could have know more about Cooper, not only his issues with his pack.

The story was fine. At first it was the same story of a women in danger, a protective male...but then it changes. There are several murders in town, and people is beginning to suspect of a wolf. As we met Cooper's pack/family, it was pretty obvious who may be responsible of these murders. The mystery was interesting and I always like something else in romance books, but I thought is was too long to resolve, and there was moments that what I really wanted was more of Cooper and Mo.

It's the first time I read this author, but I really liked her fast writing and funny lines. I wasn't completely happy with the story, but I'm sure I'll keep reading more of her books.

Overall, it was a good light reading. If you are looking for a funny romance novel you should read this one! I will probably read the next one in the series, The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf, which is going to be released March 29th, 2011.


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I agree with all your points...I wanted to know more about Cooper, too. I loved the weenie dog! And I was really glad Alan got a happy ending, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaby, I'm gaving a catch-up with all the bloggers I haven't got around to visiting in a while. A great post, well reviewed, I'll be keeping an eye out for this at our library.

    ReplyDelete