Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 14, 2011

Book Review: I Dream of Genies by Judi Fennell

Author: Judi Fennell
Release Date: November, 2010
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Age: Adult
Having a 2,000 year old magic genie fall right into your lap should be a good thing. At least, that's what down-on-his luck Matt Ewing thought. But Eden is no subservient fairy tale genie. Beautiful and independent, Eden isn't so keen on having to answer to yet another master. Then, after centuries of being alone, and against her better judgment, Eden suddenly finds herself in danger of falling for Matt. When she flips his already unstable world upside down, Matt is at his wits' end-if only he didn't find his inept genie so darn irresistible!
I was really excited about I Dream of Genies. It sounded different and I really want to read paranormal romance sometimes that doesn't involve vampires / werewolves.

Eden is a beautiful genie trapped in a bottle. Her only company is a talking cat and baby dragons. But luckily, that will change and she will be able to talk to Matt.

I liked the characters because they were different from what I usually read in romance books. Eden was a little bit innocent and strong, but what I liked more was that she was funny. Her magic always came out wrong and at the worst moments.

Matt wasn't the typical hero, he isn't strong as Eden and kind of whiny sometimes, and I didn't saw him as the perfect romance hero. It was interesting to see a protagonist as him in romance, because he wasn't just the  guy, he had money issues, family issues, even romance issues. But still, I think I like the typical strong and perfect hero in my stories.

I was really liking the story and the multiple romance scenes, but at some point it turned repetitive. I just felt as it was too long, and I got bored. I think it was the moment when they left the human world. But, I kept reading it and was happy with the ending, which was a perfect HEA.

Overall, I enjoyed the book, but I was expecting a little bit more. Still, I will try to read the next one in the series, called Genie Knows Best, which is going to be released November 2011.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like one of those book I can read and enjoy. But I will not rush out to buy them

    ReplyDelete