Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 24, 2011

Book Review: Kat, Incorrigible (The Unladylike Adventures of Kat Stephenson #1) by Stephanie Burgis

Author: Stephanie Burgis
Series: The Unladylike Adventures of Kat Stephenson #1
Release Date: April 5th, 2011
Publisher: 
"I was twelve years of age when I chopped off my hair, dressed as a boy, and set off to save my family from impending ruin.
"I made it almost to the end of my front garden..."
Magic may be the greatest scandal in Regency England. But that's not going to stop Kat Stephenson when there are highwaymen to foil, sinister aristocrats to defeat...and true loves to capture for her two older sisters.
Lately, I've been wanting to read some Middle Grade books, so when I won Kat, Incorrigible, I was really excited to read it. I'd read great reviews about it, and it didn't disappointed me.

Kat's a 12 years old girl. She's definitely one of my favorites protagonists, she's young, brave, naive, independent, intelligent, adventurous...and sometimes a little wicked too. I wished I would have been like her when I was her age! She's really unique and always a good girl.

The plot was good. Kat discovers one of her sisters have been studying their mother's magic books. She, being young and wanting to be as her sisters, decides that she wants to learn too. But, she didn't know by learning more about her mother, she would discover a mirror that transports her to another place, and where she met people who knew about her mother's powers and that assures her she has more powers than just a little magic.

Kat, Incorrigible was such a funny read. I was always giggling. Not only Kat was great, but her family, specially her sisters. They were always fighting but at the same time they loved each other so much. Definitely like real siblings.

Also, the writing of this book was excellent. It was light and always made you want to keep reading. I read this in a few hours, and felt very satisfied with the ending.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book. It was such a cute and fun read! I definitely recommend Kat, Incorrigible to any young girl. Or maybe for you, if you'll like to read something fresh and funny. Personally, I can't wait to read the next one, called Renegade Magic.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I love the cover. I'll look out for this.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this sounds really cute! I mean, look at that adorable cover. Kat sounds like a fun character as well :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a real giggle! Thank you for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a great middle reader that adults will enjoy just as much! Liked this one a lot! Great review!

    ReplyDelete