Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 2, 2011

Book Review: Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs

Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Series: Fins #2
Release Date: June 28th, 2011
Publisher: Harper Collins
Age: Young Adult
On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.
Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody?
The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?
Tera Lynn Childs’s sequel to Forgive My Fins offers another tail-flicking romance with plenty of fun, sun, and underwater adventure.
I read Forgive My Fins and loved it. I think it was my first mermaid's book and I quickly fell in love with the fins and sea.

Fins are Forever starts just after Forgive My Fins. Lily is happy and very much in love with Quince, and she is waiting for her eighteen birthday to renounce to her Princess's tittle. She only has to worry about her grades and college applications until her cousin Dosinia is banished from the sea. It's Lily's duty and last job to help Dosinia overcome her hate for humans.

I kind of hated Dosinia (Doe) all the book. She has always been rude and disrespectful with Lily, but now she's worse. She really doesn't care about Lily, and it seems like only purpose is to bother her. Of course she gets better eventually, but I still can't forgive her completely.

Lily is very mature. I couldn't have handled the situation better than her. Actually, I think I may have ended figthing with Dosinia. But she took her duty very seriously, even when that meant her human life may be destroyed. She is a great example for girls, specially about her relationship with Quince. She loves him, but she knows her duty has to come first some times.

Quince is a dream. I kind of wanted to smack him at some point of the story, but it's obvious he cares a lot for Lily. He respects her and understand her better than anyone. They have become one of my favorites young adult couples.

As always, I loved the writing style of this author. It's easy to like this book and the characters, even Doe (at the ending). It's one of those books you read easily and fast, and leaves you with a smile on your face.

I only had one issue with this book, and it was the ending. I wanted to slap Lily for doing what she did! I was angry, but after counting to ten and doing some thinking, I realize that maybe this was the best choice.

Overall, Fins Are Forever was fun, sweet and very entertaining. If you liked Forgive My Fins, I'm sure you'll like this one as well.


More about this book at www.teralynnchilds.comGoodreadsAmazon, The Book Depository.

1 comment:

  1. I read the first book and loved it!
    great review! can not wait to read this one so bad!!

    ReplyDelete