Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 30, 2011

Book Review: Good Girls Don't by Victoria Dahl

Title: Good Girls Don't
Author: Victoria Dahl
Series: Donovan Brothers Brewery #1
Release Date: August 30th, 2011
Publisher: HQN Books
Age: Adult
With her long ponytail and sparkling green eyes, Tessa Donovan looks more like the girl next door than a businesswoman – or a heartbreaker. Which may explain why Detective Luke Asher barely notices her when he arrives to investigate a break-in at her family’s brewery. He’s got his own problems – starting with the fact that his partner Simone is pregnant and everyone thinks he's the father. The last thing he needs is a nice girl like Tessa getting under his skin.

Tessa has her hands full, too. Her brother’s playboy ways may be threatening the business, and the tensions could tear her tight-knit family apart. In fact, the only thing that could unite the Donovan boys is seeing a man come after their “baby” sister. Especially a man like Luke Asher. But Tessa sees past the rumors to the man beneath.
Good Girls Don't is the story of Tessa, the good girl, and Luke, the bad boy. Tessa is the typical next door girl, while Luke is still dealing with his divorce and his pregnant partner. They couldn't be more different, but their attraction is obvious. Of course, Tessa's brothers, Eric and Jamie, don't think Luke is a good man for her.

It's my first book of Victoria Dahl, but I really liked it. The writing was good, the characters were likable and the hot scenes were so much fun and realistic! I enjoy when a couple is not only attracted to each other but also enjoy and have fun while being together.

I liked Luke. He's having a bad time, and everybody try to make it worse for him. Specially Tessa's brother, Jaime. It's obvious he has a sweet heart and is very protective, not only with his partner but with Tessa too.

Tessa is sweet, pretty and fun. I liked that she was most of the times happy. But sometimes I think she was too immature, or unjust, specially with Luke. Sometimes I just wanted to smack her, but I realize she was a version of me when I was younger, always deciding what was the best for the other people...

Overall, I really liked Good Girls Don't. It has the right amount of family drama, romance and hotness! I can't wait to read Jamie's and Eric's stories, Bad Boys Do and Real Men Will.


More about this book at www.victoriadahl.comGoodreads, Amazon, The Book Depository.

1 comment:

  1. I've been curious about this book. Sounds like a good one so I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete