Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

January 7, 2012

Book Review: Holiday Kisses by Alison Kent, Jaci Burton, HelenKay Dimon and Shannon Stacey

Title: Holiday Kisses
Authors: Alison Kent, Jaci Burton, HelenKay Dimon and Shannon Stacey
Release Date: December 5th 2011
Publisher: Carina Press
Age: Adult
A man gives the gift of trust and receives a second chance at love in return. A woman helps to heal the wounded heart of a soldier. A couple finds that true love knows no distance. And a young widow learns that there can be two great loves in a lifetime. Love, romance and passion come together in this collection of four seasonal shorts.
Anthology includes: This Time Next Year by Alison Kent, A Rare Gift by Jaci Burton, It's Not Christmas Without You by HelenKay Dimon, Mistletoe and Margaritas by Shannon Stacey.
Holiday Kisses is my last holiday book. It's an anthology that includes four romantic stories that will warm your heart.

This Time Next Year is a story about Dillon, who is tormented by his past at war, and Breena, a nurse who is going to visit her grandmother for her last Christmas before following her dream. By a snow storm they were stranded at Dillon's cabin, and Breena discovers Dillon need someone who listen to him and love him. This story is very sweet, and I really liked the ending.

A Rare Gift is a story about Wyatt, a divorced man, and Calliope, a sweet woman who is her ex wife sister. I was a little uncomfortable with the idea of Wyatt and Calliope together, because I think it would be weird to be with your sister's ex. (I have sisters!) But still, I liked the story and I'm glad the characters could find a way to be together, because if you really are in love, would you say no because of being afraid about what people will say?.

It's Not Christmas Without You was so sweet and romantic! Carrie left Austin, again, to follow her dream job in a museum in D.C., but Austin isn't going to accept that. So he follows her to make her understand that  they should be together. I loved this story because they already loved each other, but it was more about wanting their relationship to work together instead of leaving each other. Both of them made mistakes and were a little bit egoist, but in the end their love was stronger. Also, I really wanted to know more about the secondary characters!

Mistletoe & Margaritas is about Claire, whose husband died two years ago and Justin, a friend of both who has been in love with Claire since forever. I think this one was definitely my favorite, because I loved Claire and Justin's relationship. They were such good friends but their attraction was always there, and it was difficult to forget Claire was Justin's best friend wife. It was so emotional and realistic, I really felt happy for the couple and I think they deserved each other.

Overall, if you want to read sweet romantic and heartwarming holiday stories, Holiday Kisses is a must read.


More about this book at GoodreadsAmazon.

1 comment:

  1. I agreed with you on pretty much everything, though I was so uncomfortable with the Wyatt/Calliope situation that I didn't enjoy it so much in the end. Other than that, I'm pretty sure I'll pick this one up next Christmas to re-read the other three stories. Nice review. :)

    ReplyDelete