Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

January 19, 2012

Book Review: Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins

Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins
Until There Was You
Author: Kristan Higgins
Release Date: October 25th 2011
Publisher: HQN Books
Age: Adult
Posey Osterhagen can't complain. She owns a successful architectural salvaging company, she's surrounded by her lovable, if off-center, family and she has a boyfriend—sort of. Still, something's missing. Something tall, brooding and criminally good-looking…something like Liam Murphy.
When Posey was sixteen, the bad boy of Bellsford, New Hampshire, broke her heart. But now he's back, sending Posey's traitorous schoolgirl heart into overdrive once again. She should be giving him a wide berth, but it seems fate has other ideas….
It's the first time I read a book from Kristan Higgins. I really didn't know what to think, I love all of her covers with the dogs, and I'm glad I finally read one!

I loved the writing. I started to read this book and only stopped because I had to sleep and work, but if not, I would have read it in a couple of hours. It managed to immerse me in the story, where Posey, the awkward protagonist is again face to face with her first (and only) love, Liam.

I liked Posey, she was a nice woman, very different from the usual protagonists. She is adopted, always uses  jeans and she barely has a womanly body. She doesn't feel like she's part of her German family, and her love life is a disaster.

Liam Murphy is the sexy bad boy. Of course, he isn't really a bad boy. He's widow, and absolutely adores his daughter. But he isn't as perfect as everybody thinks.

 I really liked this book, specially because the characters were so realistic and not perfect. Liam, although he was very hot, actually is suffering from stress and is over protecting his daughter. I do like Posey, specially because she was very sweet, had many friends and could take care of herself, but I really wished she wasn't so naive and had better self-esteem.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story. It was very sweet, and I'm sure going to read more books from Kristan  Higgings.


More about this book at Goodreads, Amazon, The Book Depository.

8 comments:

  1. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Liam and Posey!! Posey was a lead character that I could really relate to, the younger her seemed so much like a younger me.

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my review Jac :) I'm glad you also enjoyed Liam and Posey!

      Delete
  2. It definitely sounds sweet. o: And the sexy Liam definitely sounds like someone I'd love. Haha, you always have me adding books to my to-read pile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Rebecca xD But I'm sure you will enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a fun book! Great review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds cute :) I heard such good things last year so I bought her first book. I just had to try one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also enjoyed this book. It was quite a lot of fun!
    There is something about Higgins writing that is just fun.
    This is a nice review, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I loved her writing. I'm definitely reading more of her books :)

      Delete