Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

January 4, 2012

Random Reads #1 - Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari


Hey guys! I've found a new meme, which is very cool! It's called Random Reads by I'm Loving Books. It's about choosing a book by random once a month and reading it! It's perfect for people like me, who has tons of books to read and it's kind of lost.

So... Want to join in on Random Reads?
  • If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
  • Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
  • Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
  • Link up to your Random Reads post.
  • Read and be merry.
I'm going to cheat a little and use my In My Mailbox shelf instead of my To Be Read shelf. Why? Because my TBR shelf has 718 books! Also, my IMM shelf need serious work, I have 134 books on my hands that I haven't read o.o

Anyway, Random.org choose...#122

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari
A thrilling tale of adventure, romance, and one girl's unyielding courage through the darkest of nightmares.
Epidemics, floods, droughts--for sixteen-year-old Lucy, the end of the world came and went, taking 99% of the population with it. As the weather continues to rage out of control, and Sweepers clean the streets of plague victims, Lucy survives alone in the wilds of Central Park. But when she's rescued from a pack of hunting dogs by a mysterious boy named Aidan, she reluctantly realizes she can't continue on her own. She joins his band of survivors, yet, a new danger awaits her: the Sweepers are looking for her. There's something special about Lucy, and they will stop at nothing to have her.
If you want to join this meme, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in Gabby. And no cheating necessary, you can pick from whatever shelf needs work! lol One girl just counts over to whatever number random.org picks on her physical to-read bookshelf, and hey that works too. ;)

    Ashes, Ashes sounds really cool! I hope you enjoy it. :)

    Thanks again for participating, I hope it helps you cut into your IMM shelf!

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my own shelf. I need to read the ones I own first and then go buy new ones, although that doesn't really stop me from buying new ones! :P
    New follower!
    Random Reads @ Mostly Reviews

    ReplyDelete