Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

January 18, 2013

Book Review: The Girl and the Genie by E. M. Lilly

Author: E. M. Lilly
Emily Mignon's love life is a disaster, and she's not at all happy about it! When she finds a genie and is granted nine wishes, she's determined to use one of them to find her one true love. But the genie warns her that any wish for romance always ends disastrously. Emily, not to be denied, will try to find a loophole to this rule.
The Girl and the Genie is a fun, exciting and charming mix of paranormal romance and urban fantasy, that will leave you rooting for Emily, the genie, and a fat little English Bulldog named Winston.
The Girls and the Genie was a freebie I downloaded a few days ago, and it was a fun book to read for a few hours in the morning.

Emily is waiting for her true love. She haven't been lucky in love, but know she found a genie and have nine wishes...and she wants to find her true love! Of course, every wish seems to backfire somehow and the Genie is someone she can't trust, right?

The Girl and the Genie was a fun book. I read it just in a few hours and enjoyed it, although sometimes I didn't understand Emily's attitude, and even when the Genie hinted a few times he was interested in her, I wasn't expecting that kind of ending.

It isn't my favorite genie book, but it was interesting and fun with a lot of twists (and I loved Winston!). It has a HEA ending, so I recommend it for when you want to read something light and fluffy.


More about this book at Goodreads, Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a sweet novel- not really something I'd want to read at this moment, but not bad. I'm glad you seemed to like it while reading! I don't think i've read a genie book, so that's cool.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete