Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 10, 2013

Book Review: The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

Series: Lorien Legacies #2
Author: Pittacus Lore
Published August 23rd 2011 by HarperCollins
Age: Young Adult
I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight.
The Power of Six is the second book of the Lorien Legacies and follows the story exactly where I Am Number Four left us, with Four, Six and Sam escaping. Basically it's just them escaping and trying not to get caught by the police or the Mogadorians, while they discover more about their past and powers.

But this time it's not only Four the protagonist, but also Seven. She has a totally different life, but she's sure John Smith is one of them...the problem is convincing her cepan. Her only choice might be escaping before the Mogadorians find her...but what if other allies found her?

I really enjoyed reading Seven (Marina). Her life was much more interesting, or maybe I thought so because the only thing Four, Six and Sam where doing was running and getting caught in a love triangle-quartet that didn't seem to be important for the story and bored me.

But I still liked to discover more about Lorien, their past, their powers, Sam's father and even number Ten. It was a book full of action, fast paced, and the ending left me kind of surprised in a good way and wanting to read The Rise of Nine soon.


More about this book at Goodreads, Amazon, The Book Depository.

2 comments:

  1. I read this and I too was pretty shocked by how much I liked it. I am Number Four was good and made for a fun light read but over all this was a much stronger read that I found myself really liking and even telling friends it was worth the read ( mostly like action crazy guys friends though ). And the world building that went on in this book was much stronger than I am number four and I hope that the next book gets better!
    Great review!
    DaydreamerN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the first, but glad to hear it is worthy

    ReplyDelete