Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 16, 2018

Book Review: Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) - Sarah J. Maas

Heir of Fire (Sarah J Maas)

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
Celaena has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak―but at an unspeakable cost. Now, she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth . . . a truth about her heritage that could change her life―and her future―forever. Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. Will Celaena find the strength to not only fight her inner demons, but to take on the evil that is about to be unleashed?
The bestselling series that has captured readers all over the world reaches new heights in this sequel to the New York Times best-selling Crown of Midnight. Packed with heart-pounding action, fierce new characters, and swoon-worthy romance, this third book will enthrall readers from start to finish.
You should read first:
  1. Throne of Glass
  2. Crown of Midnight


After reading Crown of Midnight and loving it, I was ready to read immediately Heir of Fire.

I can't believe how this series just gets better. Heir of Fire is simply amazing. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect but it just surprised me for good.

Amazingly, I liked it even more, and it gives the story a complete change. I had troubles with Celaena at the first book, but now I really like her. After confronting her pain and dark past, it's time for her to accept her true identity.

We finally read more about who was her and her past, but also meet new characters. The most important is Rowan, a fae warrior who will be in charge of training her so she can have the answers she needs.

Rowan was complicated. I admit that at first I didn't like him, he was too hard with her, but I ended falling in love. This author has the ability to make me change my opinion of a character in just a few pages, and I really like that, because I never know what to expect.

There is another side of this story, totally new about the witches. The story follows Manon, who is mean and powerful...but maybe not as bad as she should be. This parts of the book were a little bit boring to me, but I'm sure Manon is going to be a character very important to this story. And she was the link to finally discover the powers of the King and why he is so dark, and also his plans.

About the other characters, Chaol and Dorian keep us informed about what's going on in the castle. It happened something funny to me with Chaol, I liked him, but now I'm not sure if I can stand him.

With many new characters, conspirators and rebels, Heir of Fire is the opening to the real story behind Celaena. I'm really caught in this series (Throne of Glass), so I'm reading the next book, Queen of Shadows, right now!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't started this series yet!! OMG, I'm so behind on my TBR list
    ANyway great review

    Ruty @Reading…Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review of Heir of Fire! For some unknown reason, I did not agree much with Maas' addition to this series. I loved Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight so much; however, I feel distant from the other books in this series. I will have to see how I feel about Tower of Dawn though because I have heard it is good. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't started the Throne of Glass series but I am so impressed that you could really enjoy this sequel even more than the previous books. It's the best when that happens!

    ReplyDelete