Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 29, 2010

Review: The Darkest Passion (LOTU #5) by Gena Showalter

Title: The Darkest Passion
Author: Showalter, Gena
Publisher: Harlequin. Mass Market Paperback.
Release Date: May 25th 2010
ISBN:0778303764 (isbn13: 9780778303763)
Pages: 438
Age: Adult
Summary from Goodreads.com:
For weeks, the immortal warrior Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence. An angel--demon-assassin--has been sent to kill him. Or has she? Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting--and falling for--Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this "mortal" with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion?

Now, with an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't....
I must start saying that I love the Lords of The Underworld serie, and I was very excited to read The Darkest Passion.

But I didn't know what to expect from this book, because, Aeron, the keeper of Wrath, always seems to be away from the others, only with the company of Legion.

Also, I thougt Olivia, an angel (fallen angel), wouldn't keep up with him. But she surprises me, by being cute, awkward, sweet, and sexy at the same time!. I though she would be weak, but not at all. She is strong and very stubborn. And she is decided to have fun with Aeron.

I was kind of afraid of Aeron, but in this book I finally understood him. He is strong, caring, responsible, and sexy. I really liked him, even his demon, Wrath. I couldn't stop laughing while I read him, trying to resist Olivia. I even think he is cute.

Also, Legion, Aeron's little demon, is in the picture. She is, in part, the excuse to why Aeron can't be with Olivia. But Legion surprised me, not in a very good way. She is really a demon! She is mean, spoiled, an a little crazy. And she made a HUGE mistake. But in the end she starts to grown up, and tries to do the "right thing". Don't even try to even imagine what she did, you will not believe it!.

I loved to read about the other characters too. They have grown up, continue with their lives or being the same as we left them. Many of them begin to connect, and now I have some ideas of how the next books could be.

And the end, wow. Made my jaw drop, and I almost yell something like NOO, YOU CANT NOT LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!. I can't say anything else without giving spoilers...but believe me, it will leave you shocked.

If you haven't read this serie, you definitely have to, specially if you like paranormal romance. In each book, the characters became more real and every time I love them more.

Of course, Gena Showalter haven't disappointed me. She knows how to write a funny and sexy romance, and combine it with an interesting plot!. I don't think I can wait until the next book, The Darkest Lie, which will be release June 18, 2010.

Rating:
 


More about the Lords of the Underworld at genashowalter.com


By the way, which is your favorite LOTU couple? Mine is Lucien & Anya. :)

PS: Legion, you're a Bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment