Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday # 57 - The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My picks: The Scorpio Races


Summary from Goodreads:
It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line.
Some riders live.
Others die.
At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.
Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn't given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.
Maggie Stiefvater
October 6th 2011

I love this cover. And I like that the character Sean is nineteen.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this book! It's the first I've read by Maggie Stiefvater, but I'll definitely be checking out her other work. Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Maggie is truly amazing and I'll read just about anything that she writes. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Check out my WoW!
    Tweet Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Maggie! I'm actually giving away an autographed copy of Forever right now.

    I'm your newest follower.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my pick last week. I love Maggie's writing and I am so excited for this next book to come out! Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a new one to me! Thank you for posting this one. :) Sounds like it's a great read.

    ReplyDelete