Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday # 62 - Destined by Jessie Harrell

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick: Destined by Jessie Harrell

Summary from Goodreads:
When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear.
As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined.
Destined is a fresh and heartachingly romantic retelling of the Cupid and Psyche myth from debut novelist, Jessie Harrell.
November 17th, 2011

I love the Eros (Cupid) and Psyche myth. It's my favorite! Romantic but sad, I'm curious to see how this author is going to retell this story.

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cover for Destined. And it sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This book sounds great! I love the cover & synopsis. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one. Great pick!

    Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I'm also waiting for this one ;) I love there cover :) haven't heard of this book though, thank you for featuring this one ill look forward for this book.

    here's ours!
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. retellings seem to be all the rage, but I can't complain I do enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am teaching a mythology unit this year to my 7th graders and I'm loving all of these modern retellings of myths. There's been a lot out lately and this one sound promising. Great pick and thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Eros and Psyche myth too! This one sounds awesome, thanks for letting us know about it! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eros and Psyche have one of my favorite stories too! I just recently added this one to my TBR list, and I am excited to get my hands on it! Only a few more months! Great pick!
    Courtney
    See my WoW pick over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks great! I love the cover! New follower!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it is always interesting to see how an author chooses to re-tell a well-known story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this one but it sounds amazing, I love greek mythology!

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sounds of this one, great pick!

    My WoW

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  12. this book sounds AMAZING! I love anything that has to do with Greek Mythology!

    -Kat

    http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete