Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

December 27, 2011

Book Review: Small Town Christmas by Jill Shalvis, Hope Ramsay, Katie Lane

Title: Small Town Christmas
Authors: Jill Shalvis, Hope Ramsay, Katie Lane
Release Date: November 1st, 2011
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Age: Adult
Three heartwarming holiday stories to prove that love is the greatest gift of all. 
Kissing Santa Claus (Lucky Harbor #2.5)
NASCAR driver Logan Perrish returns to Lucky Harbor, Washington, with love in his heart and a ring in his pocket. But can Sandy Jansen forget the past and give him a second chance? Or will Logan be spending another Christmas alone? 

I'll Be Home for Christmas

After ignoring the advice of Miz Miriam Randall, local matchmaker, Annie Roberts expects another hum drum holiday in Last Chance, South Carolina. But when a stray cat arrives in the arms of Army sergeant Matt Jasper, a calico named Holly just may be the best matchmaker of all. 

O Little Town of Bramble

All Ethan Miller wants for Christmas is to celebrate in Bramble, Texas, with family and friends. But when his childhood neighbor, Samantha Henderson, comes home for the holiday, Ethan realizes that the girl-next-door could be the girl of his dreams.
I've been reading holidays anthologies this month, and I'm glad I read Small Town Christmas. It features three very short stories, very sweet and romantic.

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis is part of the Lucky Harbor series and it's about NASCAR driver Logan Perrish, who returns to Lucky Harbor with a ring in his pocket for Sandy, the woman he couldn't forget. He's used for women to throw themselves at his feet, but Sandy isn't exactly happy with him. Maybe because it has been five months since they spend a week together. I'm not familiar with the Lucky Harbor series, but it does sound sweet. Sandy and Logan's story is very quick and I really wanted to slow down and learn more about them, but I guess I have to read the series for that. Still, I enjoyed it.

I'll Be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay is about Annie Roberts, who is alone for this Christmas until she met Army sergeant Matt Jasper. He's in Last Chance to deliver a gift, but he found a stray cat and he doesn't have a place to go. This story is extremely sweet, about two lonely people finding love when the least expected it. Definitely one of those stories that makes you cry. 

Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane was probably my favorite, because it's the funniest and sweetest story of all. Samantha Henderson, a veterinarian, is back to her home town and the first thing she wants to do is see Ethan Miller. her childhood friend. Ethan Miller is very surprised to see her, all grown up. Still, he finds it difficult to talk to her, so he's about to give up until Samantha's sister decide to intervene. This story had me laughing out loud with the live nativity scene, and even when it's a little bit unrealistic sometimes, it was so sweet that I just felt happy for the characters.

Overall, if you want to read quick, sweet and happy holiday stories, this is your book. They were short, clean, full of romantic gestures and very enjoyable.


More about this book at Goodreads, Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd have time to read some holiday stories! I do have one I've been wanting to re-read and a classic I found free which I might still have time to give a try. I love getting into the mood with some lovely Christmas stories!

    I'm glad you enjoyed it! I might have to check this out for next year. ;) It does sound rel interesting! Great review.

    ReplyDelete