Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

December 5, 2011

Book Review: Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison

Title: Storm's Heart
Author: Thea Harrison
Series: Elder Races #2
Release Date: August 2nd, 2011
Publisher: Berkley
Age: Adult
Able to wield thunder and lightning, wyr sentinel Tiago Black Eagle has ruled the skies for centuries. His massive build and thunderous power make him one of the wyr's best weapons. And he's the one sent to protect Tricks, heir to the Dark Fae throne, when she's almost assassinated in Chicago. Soon Tiago and Tricks will fall prey to the stormy hunger that engulfs them-a passion that will shake the very foundation of all the worlds.
After reading Dragon Bound I wasn't sure if this was a series I wanted to continue reading, but I gave it another chance and I'm glad I did!

Storm's Heart is the story of sentinel Tiago, whose power is thunder, and Tricks, the young heir of the Dark Fae throne. Both of them were introduced on the first book, and I wanted to know more of them. Maybe that's why I loved this romance. Tricks is so much fun! She's young and scared, but actually knows how to be strong when it's necessary. She has a mouth and acts very tough, but she's very vulnerable. She's easily one of my favorite characters.

I was so curious about Tiago. His power is thunder, and he's actually introduced as a god. His personality is very strong, and he's a typical alpha male. I liked him because since the beginning he liked Tricks and didn't allow anyone to change that, not even his friends. Of course he's sexy, but sweet at the same time, the perfect combination. And I really loved (and it was refreshing) that he didn't have issues with Tricks being a Queen and with more status than him.

The plot is full of tricks, hehe. A lot of twists that made the story more interesting, but I wanted more romance. Also, I think the ending was a little bit rushed, or at least for me some things were left unsaid.

Overall, I'm very glad that I decided to read Storm's Heart. I liked the characters and the plot, and I'm starting to like the world Thea Harrison created for these books.


More about this book at www.theaharrison.comGoodreadsAmazon, The Book Depository.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series, but the cover caught my eye. >:D

    It's good that you were able to enjoy the 2nd book, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series sounds intriguing... I'll have to check it out :) (The cover is to die for if nothing else!)

    ReplyDelete