Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 23, 2012

Book Review: A Kiss in the Wind by Jennifer Bray-Webber

Title: A Kiss in the Wind
Author: Jennifer Bray-Webber
Series: Romancing the Pirate #2
Release Date: March 26th 2012
Publisher: Carina Press
Age: Adult
Marisol Castellan is in trouble-again. Against her pirate father's orders, she snuck off their ship to intercept a message meant for a rival captain, one that offers a clue to the whereabouts of her estranged brother Monte.

Pirate captain Blade Tyburn is not pleased to find the letter he's been waiting for is missing. He's even less pleased when he discovers the thief is a raven-haired beauty who bewitches his senses and muddles his thinking. The note gives the location of a silver-laden ship that'll make his fortune; Blade must find it, and if that means bringing Marisol along on the voyage, so be it.

Marisol believes Monte sails on the very ship Blade is to meet and strikes a deal with the handsome rogue. If he will give her passage to her brother, she will give him the exact location he needs. And both will get more than they expected...
First book I read about pirates, and I want more!

Marisol Castellan is looking for her brother Monte. Everyone says he's dead, but she doesn't believe it. So she intercept a message for another pirate, captain Blade Tyburn, to possible locate her brother's ship.

Pirate captain Blade Tyburn is not happy when his messenger is found dead, or when he discovers the beautiful lady he was protecting from other men is a thief. She stole one of his most precious treasures, and he expects her to pay.

Pirates are definitely a new interest for me. I wasn't sure I'd like them, but I can see myself liking a strong captain with a big ship :D Blade is an alpha male, everyone respects him and yes, he's hot. He was very stubborn and rough, but I knew from the moment he appeared in the book that he had a soft heart.

I liked Marisol. She was too stubborn but very strong, having survived her unforgiving father. She really loved her brothers, and she was very brave while trying to find one of them. I also liked that she wasn't totally good, she liked to steal things...it's a way for her to feel good.

Marisol and Blade are an explosive couple! When they were together, it was hot! But I was happy Marisol found someone who really cared about her and that Blade opened his heart.

Overall, I'm glad I pick A Kiss in the Wind as my first pirate book. I didn't like that men were too rough sometimes, like Marisol's father, who even beat her, but I still enjoyed the story.


More about this book at www.jbrayweber.comGoodreads, Amazon.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read too many pirate books myself. Some are better than others. I'll probably be reading this one, it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Pirate Books, but it has been a while since I did it last time!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this one a few weeks back. Funnily enough it was my first pirate book too - snap! =D I liked it, though I felt the ending was drawn out a bit too much. Nice to read your views on it!

    ReplyDelete