Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

September 28, 2014

Book Review: Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Published June 26th 2007 by Simon Pulse
There are two sides to every breakup.

This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.
Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.

It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.

But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.

Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.
It has been a while since I read YA. Not sure why, maybe because some YA dramas are starting to bore me, but I really liked Two-Way Street.

Courtney was a very normal girl. She was good and basically I guess anyone could relate to her and her feelings when a boyfriend breaks up with you. Jordan was popular and a player, but when he met Courtney and started to hang out with her, something changed. He fell in love, but of course it wasn't going to be easy because he has a secret and can't tell anyone....specially not her.

I wasn't a fan of their friends, and Jordan wouldn't be the kind of guy I'd be interested, but it helped to show how 'normal' was Courtney, who wasn't having sex and drinking crazily. I started to like Jordan more later when he really showed how much he loved her, and I  really wanted them to be together.

It has some typical drama, but I practically devoured this book. I really liked the he/she POV, it helped a lot to understand the principal characters. It's the second book I read from Lauren Barnholdt and she's definitely on my authors-to-read list!


More about this book at Goodreads, Amazon, The Book Depository.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an amazing book. I love books that have separate POV's throughout so it's not just one person all the way through. I'm going add it to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I enjoy separate POV's too, it really helps to read another perspective!

      Hope you enjoy it too :)

      Delete