Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 13, 2015

Book Review: Dark Wolf (Christine Feehan)

Dark Wolf (Christine Feehan)
Dark Saga #25
Published January 7th 2014 by Penguin Group
Where Dark Lycan ended, Dark Wolf begins...

In Dark Lycan, author Christine Feehan journeyed into the heart of the Carpathians, and into the souls of two lifemates stirred by the flush of passion and the threat of annihilation.

In Dark Wolf, the breathtaking story continues as the bonds of family are imperiled, and the fate of two lovers lies hidden in the seductive shadows between life and death.

Skyler Daratrazanoff always recognized the miracle that was Dimitri Tirunul, a man beyond any dream that had ever engaged her nights. But she was human. Vulnerable. He was Carpathian. Nearly immortal. She was nineteen. He was an ancient. Yet she held half his soul, the light to his darkness. Without her, he would not survive.

Caught between the two warring species, Dimitri has spent centuries hunting the undead to keep his people free, and humans safe. He had survived honorably when others had chosen to give up their souls. But now, marked for extermination by the Lycans, Dimitri found himself alone, and fearing for his life. But salvation was coming…

No Lycan would ever suspect someone like Skyler to dare mount a secret rescue operation. A teenage girl. A human of untested abilities. But she had something no one else had. She was predestined for Dimitri - as he was for her. And there was nothing stronger for Skyler than her desire to see her life-dream come true. Whatever the risk.
I started to read the Dark Saga, The Carpathians, many years ago. I liked the first books, but there were two characters, Skyler and Dimitri, that immediately caught my heart and I wanted so much to read their story! 25 books later, finally, the author gave them their own book: Dark Wolf.

I enjoyed it, but it kind of was a disappointment too. Skyler is a character that it's first introduced as a young girl who has lived many many sexual abuses, and Dimitri, her lifemate, was a lonely Carpathian that recognized her as his lifemate when she was just a girl but didn't claim her because she was too young.

Their relationship at that moment was very intense even when it was on hold. Believe me, I was waiting for Skyler to grow up for forever. But now she is all grown up now and it was like I didn't even recognized her. I wanted to see how she was going to overcome her fears, but I just didn't think it was realistic how fast and easy it was. Skyler suffered so much, I didn't expect her relationship with her lifemate was going to see so easy. Also, she's only nineteen and even when I'm not bothered by that age (maybe because over here you are an adult at 18), I couldn't believe she forgot so easily about her studies and suddenly she's starting to talk about babies. Mmm, what? Dimitri, too, was different to the silent and powerful warrior I first met.

But I like the team Skyler and her friends, Josef and Paul, make and I'm glad they had an important role in this book.

As I said before, I did enjoyed Dark Wolf but it just didn't feel like Skyler and Dimitri. Also, the fertility ritual was a little weird. Sadly, I feel like this series is losing the touch. The books started to have the same formula....I've even skipped a few. There are so many characters, new characters, and sometimes I forget about them or don't really care. The male characters all started to sound the same to me....and now that I finally read about the couple I was curious, I'm not sure I'm going to continue with this series, although the plot get more twisted with every book.


More about this book at GoodreadsAmazon, The Book Depository.

No comments:

Post a Comment