Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 28, 2017

Book Review: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
Published November 1st 2011 by Crown Archetype
Mindy Kaling has lived many lives: the obedient child of immigrant professionals, a timid chubster afraid of her own bike, a Ben Affleck–impersonating Off-Broadway performer and playwright, and, finally, a comedy writer and actress prone to starting fights with her friends and coworkers with the sentence “Can I just say one last thing about this, and then I swear I’ll shut up about it?”


Perhaps you want to know what Mindy thinks makes a great best friend (someone who will fill your prescription in the middle of the night), or what makes a great guy (one who is aware of all elderly people in any room at any time and acts accordingly), or what is the perfect amount of fame (so famous you can never get convicted of murder in a court of law), or how to maintain a trim figure (you will not find that information in these pages). If so, you’ve come to the right book, mostly!
In Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, Mindy invites readers on a tour of her life and her unscientific observations on romance, friendship, and Hollywood, with several conveniently placed stopping points for you to run errands and make phone calls. Mindy Kaling really is just a Girl Next Door—not so much literally anywhere in the continental United States, but definitely if you live in India or Sri Lanka.
I love The Mindy Project tv series. Mindy is a successful obstetrician, mother, business women, and a little bit crazy, but I love her character!

That's why I was curious about the real Mindy: actress, writer, director!. She is not only funny, but a very real women and easy to look up to. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) is about her family, school life, failures and road to success. I loved how she expressed her feelings about her family and friends, her hindu culture, and I liked that her life wasn't an instant success.

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) is the perfect light reading, excellent to have a few laughs before going to bed. I definitely want to read more about Mindy!



4 comments:

  1. I have seen this one around, and already the title itself makes it sound like it is going to be a humorous, enjoyable read! I am glad this one turned out to be just so, and could make you appreciate Mindy even more :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny! I love these kind of books, they make me smile! :)

      Delete
  2. I've read her second memoir, Why Not Me? and really enjoyed it. I need to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really want to read Why Not Me? soon! Thanks for passing by :)

      Delete