Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

November 24, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday # 26 - Prom & Prejudice


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick:


It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single guy in his spring semester at Pemberly Academy must be in want of a prom date. 
After winter break, the girls at very prestigious, very wealthy, girls-only Longbourn Academy are suddenly obsessed with the prom, which they share with the nearby, equally elitist, all-boys Pemberly school. Lizzie Bennett, who attends Longbourn on scholarship, isn't exactly interested in designer dresses and expensive shoes, but her best friend, Jane, might be - especially now that Charles Bingley is back from a semester in London.
Lizzie is happy about her friend's burgeoning romance, but less than impressed by Will Darcy, Charles's friend, who's as snobby and pretentious as his friend is nice. He doesn't seem to like Lizzie either, but she assumes it's because her family doesn't have money. It doesn't help that Charles doesn't seem to be asking Jane to be his prom date, or that Lizzie meets George Wickham, who tells her that Will Darcy sabotaged his scholarship at Pemberly. Clearly Will Darcy is a pompous jerk who looks down on the middle class--so imagine Lizzie's surprise when he asks her to the prom! Will Lizzie's prejudice and Will's pride keep them apart? Or are they a prom couple in the making? From Elizabeth Eulberg comes a very funny, completely stylish prom-season delight of Jane Austen proportions.
Elizabeth Eulberg
January 1st 2011 by Point
Hardcover, 288 pages
Amazon (Pre-Order)

17 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun read. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read!! Cover is cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Loneley Hearts club has been on my wishlist for so long now. I really have to read it, sounds so nice just like Prom and Prejudice.
    Here is my WoW

    And don't forget to check out my 100 follower giveaway to win a copy of Perfect Chemistry. Open internationally, ends Nov 30th. Just click...here !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick Gaby! I think this one will be really cute, I'm a fan of Pride and Prejudice and am really looking forward to this cute, humorous retelling of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my pick last week, I can't wait for it. It sounds like it's going to be really cute and funny. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, great pick! I read this a while ago and LOVED it! I'm sure you will too! It's a funny, dramatic, and quick read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick, that dress is my favorite color too. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your reads.
    Joy at Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a really fun one...great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds super cute! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one does sound good! I enjoyed The Lonely Hearts Club. I thought it was really funny. I bet this one will be, too! Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good, never read anything by her before.

    MYWOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really cute! I love reworked classics. Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this one looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one looks great! Hope January comes fast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This author's first book looked so fun, I really need to read it sometime soon! This one looks good as well! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This definitely looks like such a cute and fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this one is going to be a huge, huge hit :) You couldn't have picked a better choice Gaby :) It's going straight to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete