Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 20, 2015

Book Review: The Chance by Robyn Carr

The Chance by Robyn Carr

The Chance by Robyn Carr
Series: Thunder Point #4
With its breathtaking vistas and down-to-earth people, Thunder Point is the perfect place for FBI agent Laine Carrington to recuperate from a gunshot wound and contemplate her future. The locals embraced Laine as one of their own after she risked her life to save a young girl from a dangerous cult. Knowing her wounds go beyond the physical, Laine hopes she'll fit in for a while and find her true self in a town that feels safe. She may even learn to open her heart to others, something an undercover agent has little time to indulge.

Eric Gentry is also new to Thunder Point. Although he's a man with a dark past, he's determined to put down roots and get to know the daughter he only recently discovered. When Laine and Eric meet, their attraction is obvious to everyone. But while the law enforcement agent and the reformed criminal want to make things work, their differences may run too deep…unless they take a chance on each other and find that deep and mysterious bond that belongs to those who choose love over fear.
I think The Chance is the best book from the Thunder Point series. It's the fourth from this series and it's recommended to read the previous books but you could easily catch up with the story if you decide to start here.

It was great to be back to Thunder Point. It sounds like a small but heart warming town, I think I'd enjoy to live in a place as this and have so many friends. In this book, the protagonists are Laine and Eric, but of course you will catch up with other characters. I really loved Laine, she had such a strong character but at the same time soft and emotional. Maybe it was because I could relate exactly to her feelings...I'm like her, too strong but too soft at the same time, specially with family. 

I also liked Eric, he wasn't the usual hero. He was very realistic, and it was great to see that he had another opportunity for love. He was totally different to what you usually find at romance books, more mature, responsible and also caring but not at all dominant. I enjoy to read romances with those dominant and super sexy males, but I can see myself liking these kind of sweet and supportive men in real like.

Overall, I totally recommend The Chance and the Thunder Point series if you want realistic but also sweet and little bit sexy romances.


11 comments:

  1. I like that Eric isn't the typical romance hero. I haven't read any of these, but thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad you really enjoyed this one!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so refreshing to read about an unusual hero, I think that's what I most enjoyed in this book. thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Where is this series going in such a hurry. I have the first one to read and before I knew it there were like eight of these. They were all released so quickly.
    Anyway, I am glad that you liked it. I look forward to finally reading the series too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either!! I thought I was going fine until I discoverer four more books published! :S

      Delete
  3. Great review, I'm curious about this series now. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series, thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this series before, but knowing this one is the best book in the series means it must've been a lot of fun to read! Eric sounds like a lovely character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I super recommend it, it's a nice contemporary romance series :)

      Delete
  5. Love the sound of a sweet & supportive hero instead of the usual alpha male! Not that there's anything wrong with an alpha male, but a change of pace is always nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I really enjoy alpha males but they turn boring when you find them in every book...

      Delete
  6. The Chance was great loved the story line, and the characters. But feel like there should be a continuation, is there more about Laine's family and the future of the characters in The Chance

    ReplyDelete