Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 12, 2012

Book Review: A Rogue By Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean

Title: A Rogue By Any Other Name
Series: The Rules of Scoundrels #1
Author: Sarah MacLean
Release Date: February 28th, 2012
Publisher: Avon
Age: Adult
What a scoundrel wants, a scoundrel gets . . .

A decade ago, the Marquess of Bourne was cast from society with nothing but his title. Now a partner in London’s most exclusive gaming hell, the cold, ruthless Bourne will do whatever it takes to regain his inheritance—including marrying perfect, proper Lady Penelope Marbury.

A broken engagement and years of disappointing courtships have left Penelope with little interest in a quiet, comfortable marriage, and a longing for something more. How lucky that her new husband has access to such unexplored pleasures.

Bourne may be a prince of London’s underworld, but he vows to keep Penelope untouched by its wickedness—a challenge indeed as the lady discovers her own desires, and her willingness to wager anything for them . . . even her heart.
It's official, Sarah MacLean is my favorite historical romance writer!

Penelope and Bourne were friends when they were young, but Bourne was cast from society, and Penelope eventually had to forget him. But by random chance, they found themselves together after she inherits one of his past proprieties, the one he's going to get even if he has to marry her.

I adored this book. Bourne was yummy and Penelope was fun. It's one of those books where you connect with the characters and understand their motives, and want them to be together forever. Bourne is stubborn and obsessed with revenge, but Penelope has suffered a broken engagement and still believes in love. Their connection was inevitable, and together they were on fire, but they had to overcome Bourne's revenge wish and Penelope's suspicious heart.

A Rogue by Any Other Name is definitely one of those books I'd love to re-read, and of course I'm waiting for the sequel 'One Good Earl Deserves a Lover'. I'm sure Penelope's sisters have a lot more to say, and maybe share their story with Bourne's best friends.


7 comments:

  1. I have a couple of her books but have read one, which I loved. Looking forward to picking this up. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE contemporary Romance fan, but I've never really read a historical romance... maybe this is the place to start :) Thanks for the great review...

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you loved this one too! Sarah MacLean is definitely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love historical romance novels and yet I have never read in Sarah MacLean! This one sounds really good, it's going on my list. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I considered myself as one of historical romance fan but I haven't read anything from Sarah MacLean! Three of her previous books already in my TBR list but I dunno why I haven't read them yet! This one seems juicy :) Nice review Gaby ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is divine & yes I am judging. I do love Sarah MacLean's books. 5 stars works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read to many books like this, but I have seen a lot of people reading this one and the cover is just beautiful. Thanks for the great review....I think I will give this one a try and maybe I will love it too!
    GFC:aprildan01

    ReplyDelete