Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 3, 2014

Book Review: The Marriage Trap by Jennifer Probst

The Marriage Trap by Jennifer Probst
Marriage to a Billionaire #2
Author: Jennifer Probst
To satisfy his late father’s wishes, hot and single billionaire Michael Conte must find a bride—someone who will fit into his traditional family back home in Italy—and fast, so his engaged sister will be allowed to wed. With no intention of being tied down, Michael “proposes” to fiery, free-spirited photographer Maggie Ryan: if she will play the part of his fiancĂ©e during her trip to Milan for a photo shoot, he will keep away from her married best friend, Alexa, and stop making Maggie nuts with their too-close-for- comfort flirtations.

But once in Italy, sexual tension sparks the hottest no-strings- attached arrangement on any continent. Could marriage be the most enticing trap of all?
I've read a couple of books from this series but I don't know how or why I missed The Marriage Trap. So I wanted to read a sexy romance before bed and I knew this wasn't going to fail me.

Maggie is Nick's sister (from The Marriage Bargain), and hates Michael, a friend of the family. But when Michael proposes to her, only to make his family believe he is married, she accepts with some conditions to keep him away from her family.

Of course it was easy to pretend to be married for a week when they have so much sexual tension between them, but Maggie isn't ready to handle her new feelings. 

It was a good romance. I enjoyed it. It seemed as if Maggie and Michael would never be a good couple but in the end they were made for each other. Maggie was a very strong character at the beggining but completely changed in the end, I'm not sure that's good or bad. She needed to make peace with her own past and open her heart. Michael was easier to convince and although he also had family issues, he handled it better. But I feel like there were some things left unresolved, like Maggie's career...

Still, I'd like to continue reading the Marriage to a Billionaire series, I'm curious about the other characters and like Jennifer Probst's writing style. I recommend this series if you want to read sexy and HEA romances.


More about this book at Goodreads, Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Gaby, what a great blog you have here! :-) I love to read romance books in English too. This one looks sweet and enticing enough.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete